Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm home for now

waiting for 'Supernatural' to be over, since a friend won't answer the phone or door during the show. I spent about 2 1/4 hours in the cooler tonight, stocking and organising--with the fans running. That and today's great journal purge made for a good workout, and left me a little tired. I'd like to just go to sleep for a little while. Alas, that is not to be, so I'm eating dinner to get some energy.

I should have stopped by the grocery to get distilled water for my CPAP humidifier. It helps keep my nose and mouth from drying out when I sleep. But I didn't want to make any stops; I actually used the ATM at work to get some money, even with a $2 charge, than to go over to a bank that's a half a block away. My food came from the store, too. I just wanted to go home. I do need to see about getting some wine tonight when I pick a friend up from work, as I have not made my monthly offering. I had quite a few wine bottles in the recyclables today; anyone poking around in my kitchen cabinet would have thought I was an alcoholic, but of course I don't drink the wine--I use it for libations. I just hadn't cleaned out the cabinet in awhile.

I think I may try to zone out in my comfy chair for a few minutes. It's not quite as nice as sleep, but I find it relaxing. I just let my mind wander; often I get insights into the game that way. :)

No comments: