Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 06, 2008

Sorry I haven't posted

I've worked until 10 pm both yesterday and today and I'm trying to finish game notes. I'm as far as my character's sacrifice (well, not the death, but the volunteering), but there was a lot more that happened after that, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to get any rest tonight or not. They have to be done in order to play, and I have to be over at the house at 6 am tomorrow. So I'm not going to blog long, just wanted to leave a quick note as to what I'm up to.

I did take a bit of time out whilst having dinner to look up a photo I heard about of someone who once asked a friend to take her out to a field and shoot her if she ever weighed as much as me. By the look at it, not only has she surpassed what I weighed then, but she's quite a bit heftier than I. I know I'm morbidly obese, and probably shouldn't give in to schadenfreude, but it really hurt me for her to say such a thing at the time and I have to admit I find it interesting that she's gone ahead and eaten herself into that shape (or lack thereof). It's also interesting how a few years can change a person. She looks about my age, and she's nine years younger. I like to think of it as karma for how nasty she was on that and other occasions. :)

No comments: