Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Listening to

Natasha Bedingfield's:

Pocketful of Sunshine--catchy, stays in your head.

Unwritten (the video features a climbing book) :) [I like this one much better than the one in which she is in the elevator.]

Both of the above have embedding disabled, but I've provided links to the videos.

and finally, before sleep, 'Carolan's Dream' on Celtic harp, arranged and played by Mark Harmer:



Very nice. Whilst on his channel, I found this extract of 'The Epic of Gilgamesh' accompanied by a reconstruction of the Lyre of Ur, destroyed in looting of the Baghad museum, but reconstructed using the same types of materials and tuning according to pipes found in the same grave. It has an almost electronic sound, I think. Anyway, as a student of history, it caught my eye, and I had to include it on the 'odd factor' as well. It's certainly not your average YouTube video. :)

No comments: