Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, September 25, 2008

I'm proud of myself

I got all of the recyclables over to Good Foods Co-op, rather than procrastinating and leaving them in my car until I had to move them or some such. I didn't know drink cases weren't recyclable, though, so I have a bag of some of them to go to the trash. I think I have a small storage container that would serve as a recycling bin so I could just empty it when it gets full, rather than putting them in bags. I also got some other errands done as well, all in about an hour and a half, with enough time to blog between jobs.

I'm working 30 hours at the store this week (starting today, through Wednesday--that's our schedule week for some reason), making for a total of 50 hours. Certainly doable, but I'm used to about 35-40. I'd really like to get more done on the notes and the house. I'm considering taking off at the hospital to get more done. Fortunately I have plenty of vacation time (over 25 days; you should see my sick time...we don't touch it unless we're sick more than three days, so I've used it once for a flu; I have 94 days extended illness leave. That's good, though, if something came up, like Gods forbid I found out I had cancer or had to have surgery or something liek that. They buy back your sick leave after 500 hours, but since I'm only part-time I don't accrue that quickly. I'm over 353, but not likely to hit 500 for a few more years at least. :) Anyway, I could use the money from working so much at the store, and I'd still get paid at the hospital if I took time off for fall cleaning.

Speaking of which, I recycled a whole lot of journals today as part of our clean up of the storage areas. (Ones I'd weeded and weren't taken on BackMed, the list for exchanging journal issues). First I had to go find my book truck; it had wandered off. I have a few more boxes of books to find a home for (I cannot bring myself to throw away books, even if they're recyclable, and anyway, these are in good condition; I just don't have a need for them) and about a third again as many journals to recycle. That leaves my space pretty neat and orderly. (And I put a sign on the cart so people wouldn't move it around. We'll see if that works, hah!) I discovered that a big trash bin (4 feet by 5 feet, I'd say, and about 4 feet wide) full of journals does not roll well on carpet. I really worked up a sweat! That's why I'm leaving the rest for tomorrow, but it shouldn't be as bad.

Anyway, that's what's going on in my life. Oh, and I had to put my piercing earrings back in my ears because my left ear's hole is trying to close up again. I'd left it in about 6 weeks last time, but haven't worn earrings for about three months. Obviously I need to invest in some post earrings (most of mine that are intact in terms of pairs are French hook ones).

I'll probably blog tonight if I'm not too tired. As always, thanks for reading.

No comments: