Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 15, 2008

The little street is no more

There was a small connector street no more than 20 yards long that ran from Richmond Road to South Eagle Creek. There's been construction on the lot bordering it for awhile. I don't know if they're building houses or some sort of church--I've heard both. I cut through it every time I come home that way, except today.

For the little street is no more. Behind the 'road closed' sign, there is no longer pavement. I always thought it was a dumb little shortcut, but it was a shortcut. Now I'll have to go a short ways down and take the winding road through the car lot, alas.

Oh, well, I guess change is inevitable. I'm interested to see what they're going to build on the lot.

No comments: