Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Well, the car is fixed

It took $105 for a new battery from AAA (yes, it would be cheaper somewhere else, but they came out with the battery and installed it, which I didn't have the tools to get one stripped bolt off the post, plus it's a six-year battery that will be replaced for free within three years and $1 month thereafter, within the six), and the solenoid was stuck and they couldn't get it unstuck, so the starter had to be replaced (I hope that wasn't just hooey, it's apparently made in one piece, according to Sears, so they couldn't just replace the solenoid) for $250. So, most of the income that was to be disposable for a change (and which I was going to put into shots for Cerys and Darius and glasses for me) went to the car and I'll have to wait on the others.

I had a Good Samaritan help me with the battery. She showed me how to fill the battery with water and how to jump one. Thanks, nice lady!

The bad news is I work tonight and there's no way to get out on the bus to cash my cheque and pick up the car and get back in time for work, plus one guy called in so they pulled in another person and need me to get there as soon as I can.

So, tomorrow I'm going to take off from job #1 (I'm already off on Monday for the holiday, so that'll be 2 days off from all three jobs), go get the cheque cashed, go get the car, and then meet some friends for X-Men: the Last Stand. Then I'm hoping to get some work on the house done in prepartion for Tuesday's carpet cleaning. Saturday I work; Sunday is the game plus I work, and then Monday, which is also my grandmother's birthday, I hope to go down to Danville for a visit.

That's it for now. Have a good weekend.

No comments: