Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Well, well, well

So Bill didn't fall off the face of the Earth after all, and he's getting married (third time's the charm?) again...also check out liamhart.org for information on Irish folk music in northern New Jersey.

Meanwhile, other than viewing Bill's webpage and questioning how I ever hooked up with this person (I plead insanity), over the holiday I:

  1. Went to see X-Men: the Last Stand with friends, which kept alive the possible continuation of the franchise despite cutting a swath through most of the main characters in much death and mayhem
  2. Went to Johnny Carino's, where I had tasty calamari (long story behind that one) and salmon
  3. Wasn't able to get my car on Friday because Sears doesn't take counter cheques and the bank had already closed. But one good thing; the manager of the auto repair shop drove me home, after which I went straight to bed, feeling overwrought and boo-hooey.
  4. Was able to get my car on Saturday after going to the bank and getting cash, with my boss giving me a ride over to the auto shop. I appreciate the ride a lot, although by comparison I drive like a little old lady and wasn't entirely sure we'd make it in one piece.
  5. Had a great game Sunday. We're in San Francisco and have uncovered a lot of puzzle pieces but haven't figured out how many puzzles we're juggling yet.
  6. Went home to Danville on Monday for my grandmother's birthday. She's 82! They're making plans for a family reunion with the whole gang in July. I'm going to try to get off work that weekend to go.
  7. This morning I cleaned madly before work because someone was coming to clean my carpet as part of a thank-you from the rental office for renewing my lease. I had just gotten into the tub and soaped my hair when the guy (who was very cute) showed up. It's amazing what he was doing with the carpet when I left for work...it looks brand new, and that's despite having trouble with both of my geriatric animals in terms of in-house accidents.

No comments: