Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

I haven't been updating that much lately

Mainly I've used 'blog this' to simply put in links to items that appeared in my e-mail at work, rather than talking about my life. There were several reasons for that. One, the 'blog this' thing took almost no time, and I was in such a fog I couldn't really sit down and string words together. See, I ran out of my medications, and then went to refill them, and ran into some managed care issues. My paroxetine, which is generic for Paxil, was moved from a Tier 1 to a Tier 2 medication by my insurance company, bumping it from $7 to $25. At the same time, I was $25 from the limit for my flexible spending account, meaning I could get one medicine but not the other. (Yes, I know, we're not even through the first half of the year. I obviously didn't plan well enough for my FSA...the dental work has hit it harder than I expected. But at least it's not like last year, where I overestimated and wound up losing some of the money).

So, I went four days without Paxil or Adderall, four pre-menstrual days. Emotionally I was just a little uneven, but more importantly I couldn't concentrate, I felt foggy and, well...stupid. Since I wasn't taking those, I got spotty on my metformin and Abilify, too. I just felt like my brain was so much sludge. I did start to feel better...it may have been withdrawl issues, and of course I got my classic post-Paxil headache, too. So I was down to about four cents with no way to get my meds until Thursday.

The good news is later that night I came home, checked my mail, and inside was my federal tax refund, for nearly $500. Yipee. That became an adventure in itself, trying to get the check cashed...but the upshot is I got my medicine, filled up my car, got minutes for my phone, paid off some debts, set aside $100 for next week's payment for the car, got groceries, picked up a DVD for a friend (Avatar: the Last Airbender, an excellent show if you haven't seen it on Nickelodean), and bought a new hard drive for the computer, since the old one is not recognised by the computer at all. Then I did my first attempt to install said hard drive, with stunning success. So, I should be able to blog from home now. Yay.

Anyway, that's an update. I'll sign off now and get to work.

No comments: