Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Well, on the hard drive front

the old drive doesn't seem to want to register as a slave drive either. This may be something for my stepfather to puzzle out later. I've still got to get my games from Real Arcade but otherwise I think I'm in decent shape in terms of recovery of what was lost. Oh, well, the music is trashed, and I haven't found drivers for the Ethernet or sound cards yet, but that's such a small thing. In the meantime, I'm listening to a CD in the actual CD player and enjoying a quiet evening at home.

I had a therapy session this afternoon, where we talked about various things including my family dynamics, the potential abuse, my problems with intimacy, and the fact that I tend to go off into my own little world when out and about rather than noticing the actual people around me. I think it's an offshoot of the social phobia. Then I went looking for Dar-bar's medicine (still no luck, but I know that it's been ordered by PetSmart and costs $24.95 for three pills, and they get new shipments on Tuesdays and Fridays, so I know when to call back and have them hold some. I also got my state refund cheque today (which should just about cover that medicine, come to think of it).

I think now, having stayed up way to late last night, I may go take a bit of a nap (or just head onto bed, whichever it turns into). Have a good night.

No comments: