Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, May 05, 2006

You couldn't make me take Ambien

Not ever. I don't care if I couldn't sleep a wink. It just has too many bizarre effects. It can also cause hallucinations (nothing like seeing plushie people all around you) and there are reports of people doing bizarre things after supposedly taking it, meaning to go to bed. The latest? Patrick Kennedy, son of Edward Kennedy, was involved in a crash near the Capitol, believing he was late for an important vote. I haven't heard of similar effects with other sleep aids. And as Kennedy found out, mixing it with the anti-nausea aid Phernergan isn't a good idea. His doctor or the pharmacy should have warned him that it can cause extreme sleepiness. Maybe this will prompt an investigation into the drug.

Rep. Kennedy blames medication for crash near Capitol

PS I had a root canal yesterday. :( But from now on it should be a matter of crowning and cleaning. Otherwise things are going pretty well. I'm enjoying having the car back, but of course it's a challenge to keep gas in it, although at least the gas prices went down a little ($2.71 here) Also, my Li'l Cthulhu calendar has a shoggoth shaking a maraca for Cinco de Mayo, which is a little wrong, but I have to admit, brightened my day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My name is Catherine Snow and i would like to show you my personal experience with Ambien.

I have taken for 1 years. I am 57 years old. Works great if I take it on an empty stomach, and get right into bed. If you take it and try to keep yourself awake, you can override the pill and be up all night.

Side Effects :
None.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Catherine Snow

ambien said...

Ive been taking Ambien for 1 and 1/2 years. I think it works great, especially when traveling. Sometimes just 5 mg does it, and I have even used just 1/4 sometimes. It just relaxes the mind to let you sleep. The only time I did something silly was when I had a few drinks and took one. That's not good.

warning said...

It works well for a few days, then your body builds a tolerance to it, so you have to take 2 then 3. Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night wide awake.