Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Thank you, whoever you are :)

I picked up my mail this morning on my way into the office and found a letterhead envelope with my name typed on it. Right away, my stomach sinks, because, well, let's face it, my luck hasn't been that great lately and I was like, 'what have I done wrong this time?'

Inside were five $10 gift certificates to a nearby gas station. No note; I guess they'd rather be anonymous. Since only D and J knew about the gas situation at work, we could only figure someone here read the blog entry. I forget sometimes that this site was featured in the local paper. :)

Anyway, I'd just like to say thank you so very much. It's been a difficult year and I think from a financial point of view I'm about as far down as I ever have been, and this helped so much. I have high hopes for the public library job and actually having sustainable resources. I have been blessed by very good people around me, and I'm very grateful. I've kept track of whom I owe and will pay them back when I am able. For those of you who have helped anonymously, know that I will make every effort to pass good fortune on to others whenever possible.

No comments: