Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 12, 2004

Good grief

Via LISnews

The Thought Police are here. The journal entry recounts how a person, trying to board the ferry, was told that a book that was in his bag had to be confiscated because it was inappropriate.

My favourite quote of the exchange:
He gets all pissy at me and says, "Don't you understand this is for your safety?"

"Confiscating someone's gun or bomb is for my safety. PErhaps confiscating someone's pocketknife or nailfile may be for my safety. What's so damn dangerous about my book?"

"It's INAPPROPRIATE!"
"That's NOT YOUR DECISION! I could be carrying a copy of Hustler in here, and it's STILL not your decision! You're looking for bombs and knifes and guns and things that hurt people, and a book that is IN MY BAG is not going to leap out of its own damn accord and HIT SOMEONE!"


The book that was deemed dangerous? White Wolf's Exalted: The Abyssals, a roleplaying book from a series that a friend of mine has. Must check it out and see what was so terrifying.

No comments: