Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 20, 2004

Warning: Too Much Information Ahead

I went this morning to have the ultrasound. The tech thought that it looked like I might have ruptured a cyst lately, given the amount of fluid in the area. I'll have a follow-up with the doctor soon, and hopefully, it'll make more sense.

Although I tend to ignore chronic pain (occasional sharp pain along with the chronic is one reason I went), I have determined one thing. If I were in a sexual relationship (at least with a guy), I'd have gone to the doctor a lot sooner. Although the ultrasound wand wasn't really that uncomfortable, there were a couple of areas that the pressure was painful, and the pain, like with the exam yesterday, seems to have increased for awhile afterwards. I don't think I'd be too keen on sex right now--even being relaxed outside the clinical setting, I think it would make the pain worse.

No comments: