Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

An interesting article on blogging vs. traditional media

Transparency Begets Trust in the Ever-Expanding Blogosphere

I have to say, I've seen a lot of typos, errors, etc. in the tradtional media as of late, and it just seems like they take a story and run with it without passing it through a critical sieve sometimes. I know if I report something, I do try to verify it, and I think a lot of bloggers do that, too. You can tell the serious guys from those just concerned with 'bling-bling', usually. And you often get a more in-depth view of things. I think of blogs as sort of like NPR's All Things Considered, a sort of supplement to headlines where you can take a story and give it true relevance.

No comments: