Translate

Sunday, August 02, 2026

I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.

 If Dr Seuss wrote about data centres as the Lorax:

A poem against data centres in Lorax speech

Here's the exchange, including the poem, for the visually impaired, since I don't think I can fit it in the alt text...from X.

User thisone0verhere: I wanna hear what the Lorax has to say about datacenters please
User alishakwon84:

           I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.

And frankly, you've got them all down on their knees.

You flattened the forests, you paved every glen,

To build giant boxes for silicon men.

They whir and they blink with a mechanical hum,

While rivers grow thirsty and creeks come undone.

So build with more wisdom, mor sunshine, less smoke.

The planet's not here for one infinite joke.

I am the Loreax. My message won't bend-

You can't upload Earth if it comes to an end. 

 User thisone0verhere: Not gonna lie that made me tear up a little

I love the Lorax. It is one of my three favourite Dr Seuss books:

  1. Horton Hears a Who
  2. The Lorax
  3. The Butter Battle Book 
Here is that bumper sticker that sits square in the middle of my car bumper:

'Unless someone like you cares a whole lot,  nothing is going to get better. It's not.' -- Dr Seuss, 'The Lorax'


No comments: