Translate

Friday, October 11, 2024

I went from being busy and not putting my health above things like work

 to sick. Yes, I've been off work from having COVID-19, and I still test positive, so no work for me until next Thursday. If I'd have tested negative today I could have gone back on Monday (with a mask). So I'm a little tired tonight still (I slept 14 hours the night before last), have a scratching, sore throat, have been coughing and blowing my nose a lot) and have been really achy. Before the rest of the symptoms, I was run down and having trouble staying awake through dinner. It's better, but I'm still symptomatic. I think maybe I need to step away from work for just a bit--it's been super busy and I have definitely felt tired. It's annoying though--four years of doing so much to not get it and succeeding through a pandemic.  On the other hand, it's now endemic, so I guess it was bound to happen eventually.  

Anyway, I've been sick and not doing anything big, just little things around the house. Tomorrow I'm going to try to do more here rather than just posting on Facebook. Really. I shared some stuff there mainly so I could go back and do it here. Unfortunately, because of being ill, I totally forgot the geomagnetic storm-producing auras in Kentucky last night, so I didn't get to see them or take a picture to post. It's one of two things on my bucket list and I missed my chance in May, too. :( Hopefully, the sun will do some more ejecting masses from sunspots to light up the sky again (without taking out anything vital).

In the meantime, tonight is Yom Kippur, so I'm staying in my room out of the way of my friend, who is watching his synagogue's livestream of the Kol Nidre service. I've actually been on my own today, just me and the animals (mostly the dogs), and it was rather nice. When you live with someone, it's hard to really be alone, especially if they turn the TV up to 90 because they don't hear well. I can hear everything out there in my room. But I think I'm going to put on my earbuds and listen to some music and just relax.

No comments: