Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, May 07, 2023

It was a slow day

We'd cancelled the game for other reasons, but it's good that we did. The weather's messed with my fibromyalgia, so everything from neck muscles down to the soles of my feet hurt, and I have what I think is a light cold I seem to have caught from a friend, so I've slept so much today and could sleep all night, too, I'm sure. I did about half of my chores, the ones that were most important, and went and got something from Captain D's (and actually got fried fish; we'll find out if my gall bladder will react badly--it's been almost a year since I was brave enough to eat it, but I was craving it). We watched an episode of 'Sister Boniface's Mysteries (an excellent show, a spinoff of 'Father Brown' but with a character that was not in the GK Chesterton stories.) I've listened to the new album by Ed Sheeran, - (Subtract), which came from came from Amazon yesterday. Because of the cold, I couldn't sing along with the car radio. I did test for Covid, but it's negative. My sore throat started Friday night, and it would be just my luck to finally catch it on the day the WHO said it was no longer a pandemic emergency. But no, it seems to be just a normal cold. That's about it. But some days it's good to have a slow day. And our coming week has high clinic numbers, so it's good to get some rest now.

No comments: