Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, November 24, 2019

It has been a very busy weekend

Here's what I accomplished:
  1. Went to the pharmacy. Got to see my plants.
  2. Got nitrogen put in my tyres and discussed my treads and whether it was worth getting an alignment or rotation now or just waiting till I get new tyres, which will have to be soon, although I'm not sure how I'm going to swing that.
  3. Repotted the aloes.
  4. Repotted the orchids.
  5. Did my laundry on Saturday and my roommate's on Sunday. Managed to do that and the kitchen linens with the very last of the detergent.
  6. Moved a couple shelves in front of the library windows so I could put the orchids on them and they could get some actual light (eastern exposure). I'd temporarily placed them on top of my bookcase headboard, but they were between the windows and couldn't get any light. A grow light might have worked, but there's a painting that could be damaged by the full spectrum light. So I decided to try this. They are behind the nightstands, so it's a little crowded, but it passed muster with my friend.
  7. Went to the library and took some books back and picked up my roommate's hold.
  8. Took the other two shelves and summer clothes to the storage unit.
  9. Cleaned out the car.
  10. Did a boatload of plastic dishes.
  11. Went through the clothes I was given and pulled out the ones that needed mending.
  12. Incorporated the new clothes into my existing clothes, and put away laundry at the same time.
  13. Organised my closet and prepared some things to take back to storage and to donate.
  14. Organised the cedar chest and the clothes in the footboard of the bed. The kitten has been pulling my bras and other things through the little divet that's used to open the drawers.
  15. Put the coverlet back on the bed, which will hopefully deter him, as it will be out of sight, out of mind.
  16. Watched several episodes of a cartoon series.
  17. Generally straightened up my room.
  18. Took a nice long shower today.
  19. Swept and mopped the floors.
  20. Did the regular dishes.
  21. Took out the trash and recyclables.
  22. Cleaned the bathroom.
  23. Entertained the kitten, who was inconsolable that he'd been closed out of the bedroom while my roommate slept because he was gnawing on him.
  24. Packed my lunch for tomorrow.
  25. Laid out my clothes for tomorrow (I don't do that very often. I should.)
  26. Actually blogged! Twice!
Things that got put off till tomorrow:
  1. Go by the bank.
  2. Go over the grocery list and see what we already have.
  3. Shop at the grocery store for Thanksgiving (we already have the Quorn roasts).
  4. Get some cat toys for the kitten and food for the older cat.
  5. Complete replacement of the cat litter (once we get some from the store).
  6. Clean out and organise my nightstands.
  7. Take things out to the car that are to be donated or go to storage.
  8. Double check the smoke alarm/CO monitor. I think the batteries are in wrong, and it'll take both of us to change the batteries, as I'm not tall enough, even with a stepstool. I got some new batteries.
  9. Call in the morning and reschedule an appointment to finalise the draft of my revamped will--with my boss' announcement I didn't feel I could ask to leave early the next business day with so little warning and get a good reply.
  10. Get the duvet cover on the duvet and get it on my roommate's bed (it takes two to do well) and take back my heavier blanket.

No comments: