Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

I got up at an insane hour this morning

YKWIA is going with a friend for an important doctor's appointment, and it's very early, and it takes him a couple of hours to caffeinate and get ready to go anywhere, so I had to wake him up at 5 am, meaning I got up at 4:30 am and showered and then woke him up.  But the thing is, once I'm ready to go, I need to go.  I can't just piddle around the house.  Besides I needed caffeine, too.  So I left the house right before Kroger opened (our neighbourhood has one that is an 18-hour store), got some soda and something for breakfast, and then came on into work.  On the one hand, I'm going to be very tired at 5 pm.  On the other, it gives me a chance to truly wake up, take my medicine, eat breakfast, and get on my phone hotspot with my laptop and have some quiet time.  Also, I got a wonderful parking spot at the Orange Lot at the university this morning, as I got here by 6:30 and parked in the lane right in front of the bus stop about halfway down the front section.

Okay, let's go see what news I can glean from the Web.


No comments: