Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 11, 2017

It was a pretty decent day

I was back at check-out at work because the woman who had been in that position is no longer employed there. So I'm doing the phones and check-out, in a very busy week, and I did pretty well. I handled check-out fine, even when it was really busy, although I got behind with the voicemails and barely answered any calls. But I did ask for help, and got it, instead of trying to do everything by myself and getting stressed out. So I consider that a win. My OCD sometimes interferes with my work in the fact that I have to get everything checked off my current list before I do things like take a break or leave. I'm learning to let that slide a bit.

When I got home, YKWIA was making a salad, cream of corn soup, and a lovely baked carrot dish. I'm going to be very spoilt soon with the home cooking. Additionally, my blood sugar has been running extremely normal of late, after I got over the actual move when it was running high because I was nowhere near a routine on my medicine and eating.

Now I'm sitting on the bed with the fans on, considering going to bed, even though it's pretty early. I have to get up rather early (about 6 am) to get to work on time. I just got off the phone with my friend whose lost dog I shared awhile back. It's been 9 weeks since Elvis disappeared, and she's having a hard time. I just wish she could find him, but it's like looking for a needle in a haystack. In this case, I wish he'd just come trotting home unharmed.

So I just wanted to update. I noticed my name is inside the mailbox courtesy of the US Postal Service, written in red. I guess this really is home, now. I'm comfortable, was fed a very nice meal, and have some companionship beyond what I had before. Life is pretty okay right now, at least for today.

No comments: