Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, September 23, 2017

So the roommate thing is working out pretty well

But since this is someone I have known for almost thirty years who is like a brother, it has its moments. Such as last night, when he was finished with what he was doing, I was heading for bed, and he had a rare moment of boredom. So he came and tried to get me to get up and do something with him, and he was teasing me, and found some of my lotion on the nightstand and put it on my hair. I managed to get it at least dry so that I could go on to bed without getting it on the pillow. In all fairness, he told me he was going to do it. A bored YKWIA is never good. Today, I'd gotten a shower, gotten the lotion out of my hair, gotten dressed, and was on the way to take my dirty clothes to the closet when I passed the hall closet which has the cat litter boxes inside, and an arm grabbed me from inside with a roar coming from within. Fortunately, while my heart skipped a beat and it did startle me, I didn't really get scared. The same person, years ago, when we were living in separate apartments with a connecting door that I unwisely, in retrospect, kept unlocked, had stood in my shower for a good 45 minutes one day, waiting for me to come home. At the time, I had a shower curtain that was all aquatic animals in the blue water. I came in from school (I was in college then), put my stuff down, went to the bathroom, peed, and then when I was finished, he jumped out of the shower at me.

On that occasion, I startled, bounced into a wall, bounced into another wall, pinged to the sink, and settled in a corner of the bathroom completely gibbering with screaming that lasted for quite some time. I screamed over and over and over for quite a while. He thought he'd broken me. To this day, when I live in my own home, I have a clear shower curtain. Fortunately, we have a clear glass shower door here. Now, of course, I remember it with amusement. I'm much better with these things now, which is good, as we live together. Ah. Have I mentioned that he is more than a little cat like?

No comments: