Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, September 05, 2016

My little car has reached a milestone

I went to get a friend from work tonight and my odometer rolled over past 60,000 miles.  Considering the car is a 2001 Ford Taurus SES,  it's doing pretty well.  It was my grandmother's car and then my mom drove it,  and I think when I got it over three and a half years ago,  it had about 35,000 miles on it.  I drive around town a lot,  but that's still less than the average from an insurance point of view,  so I get a break in my rates.  When I first bought the car,  a mechanic said the best thing I could do beyond the flushing and the like that I had done was drive it,  rather than let it sit.  So I've broken it in nicely,  15-16 years after it was made. Here's to another 15, with any luck.  My last Taurus had over 280,000 miles on it before it died.  I'm in the take-care-of-it-and-drive-till-it-collapses school of thought with cars,  obviously.

No comments: