Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Updating

Tuesday night I got stuck at the polls with friends for about two hours as one stood in line to vote. The doors actually closed about halfway, but the voting continued. I think the longer ballot and the new machines contributed to the wait. One woman took 20 minutes and kept stopping to play with a baby, much to the others' annoyance, leaving them down to one machine for awhile. Others came, saw the line, and went back to their cars, choosing to forego their right to choose their leaders. Unfortunately, I couldn't just leave my friends to fend for themselves down a busy road in the dark so I stayed, but with the addition of traffic I was nearly an hour and a half late for work. The manager who was filling in from another store was okay with it, but I don't know about my manager yet.

Last night I got to work (early, actually) and was told that they really didn't need me for the night (but it wasn't because of the night before, they just had two people scheduled already), so I went and worked on the notes, then came home with the intention of reading, but fell asleep in my recliner. I am doomed from the moment I sit down and turn that massaging cushion on, let me tell you.

Today has been hectic so far but at least I've had plenty of rest, had a decent breakfast, and have taken my medicine. Every morning I line the bottles up and they look like some sort of Papa Bear, Mama Bear, and two Baby Bears in terms of size. Okay, maybe that is a little whacked in thinking, but hey, it's how I think.

That's all for now. Hope your day goes well.

No comments: