Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, April 30, 2017

Up early

So I didn't really sleep well last night. I got A from work at 1 am, got in bed by 2, was still awake at 3, woke up at 5:30, and slept fitfully until 6:30, when I called to wake him up for his next shift. I then loaded three boxes of books into the car, moved my bread machine and the canisters to one side of the counter, moved my microwave onto the kitchen island (it's been in the dining room on a microwave cart for years), then left and was over there by 7:15, took him to work, then came back and made some scrambled eggs (the last of those). I moved a few more things around in the kitchen. It's not where I'd like things, but I think it will work better. The main reason I moved the microwave is that during my waking moments I considered putting the 3-gallon tank together and moving it. It's in the bedroom right now. But I'd rather it be in the living or dining room. I did consider the table the peace lily is on, but it's one of those flimsy occasional tables, and even three gallons of water can 1) be pretty heavy for something like that and 2) do damage to the books behind it if it falls over, not to mention problems with the fish.

So I think I'll put the tank on the microwave cart, and then something I had on top of the microwave can go where the tank is now. I didn't think the tank should go on the microwave. It's too heavy, I think, and I'm not sure whether that would be good for the fish. I've had my microwave since December of 1991 and I'd like it to keep working. :)

It's very humid inside and out (I still haven't called about the air conditioning, which is bad, as it's supposed to be 88 degrees today). I'll call tomorrow. I've opened the bedroom window, had some cool water, and I think I'm going to put the fan on and try to rest till about 10 am. I want to be over to the game master's by 11, as he lets me use his washer and dryer, and I'd like to do bedding as well as the small amount of clothes I have this week. That way they should be finished by the time Brenda (who was posting on Facebook five hours ago, so she must have had a bit of insomnia) comes, and we can focus on play.

Have a great day!

No comments: