We have been playing a particularly creepy adventure in our Cthulhu game where the main character was an unreliable narrator who lost a total of 82 sanity points in one adventure, and was hallucinating people and acting out their personalities and accents, and he wound up beating himself up with a rock when all thing broke loose. Meanwhile, my character, who was not in on most of the investigation, wound up having to:
- take out the cultists,
- take out the priest-cultist,
- seal the talisman that summoned the flying polyp of doom (which had caused the above sanity loss) with an Elder Sign,
- get my comrades out of pods of goo in pools,
- wake folks up,
- put Brenda's crazy character in stasis, and
- retrieve the item that will stop an avatar of Nyarlathotep [and it makes me happy that Chrome can prompt me to spell Nyarlathotep correctly] from rising.
I think I'm going to take my contacts out, turn Pandora on in the bedroom, and try to rest before A calls me for the midnight pickup. Tomorrow I'm going to go over to YKWIA's and help him go through some things, then take him to a doctor's appointment. But I would like to get some proper rest tonight, to be honest. Let's hope I can, anyway. I had less caffeine this time, at least, and I'll try to limit screen time for the rest of the night, limiting it to the alarm clock.