Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

So today I

  1. won a contest at our apartment complex, a $25 Visa gift card, which I promptly used for gas and groceries, as I was in need of both.
  2. opened the windows (it's a nice day) and put on my headphones so I could listen to music as I worked.
  3. moved a bookshelf and weeded four copy-paper boxes' worth of books, to be taken to YKWIA for first dibs and then donated to the public library.
  4. worked on the area around my computer desk and the living room, getting things ready for working there a lot in my job search.
  5. hooked the laptop back up to the monitor and the rest of the computer cables.
  6. upgraded to Chrome 64-bit. I've had a lot of restarts and freezing, and when I used the task killer earlier, I realised I had the 32-bit version on a 64-bit machine--which may be part of the problem. Apparently to get it, you have to go download it rather than have it pushed out to you.
  7. watered all the plants and discovered my Christmas cactus from work is shedding whole branches, so I put them in some growing medium (I hesitate to call it soil) that I had, and hopefully they will root. I usually have good luck with that.
To be done for the rest of the day:
  1. Stop by YKWIA's for something.
  2. Pick A up from work and take him to the grocery.
  3. Take him to a meeting.
  4. Come back, take out the trash and recyclables that I've gathered.
  5. Work on the kitchen and bathroom, which are both disasters at the moment.
  6. Work on job search.
That will be a fair day's work, I think. Tomorrow I start my pulmonary class and take a friend to a doctor's appointment. The morning will be for job searching and tweaking my application materials as needed. I need to get ink for my printer as soon as I get that last pay cheque from the hospital. Okay, I think it's time to change clothes and get ready to go. Oh, and I guess I need to close the windows. :( There's a good chance of storms out tonight--we're under a tornado watch, actually. Hope the electricity holds. I finally got around to setting the clock on the microwave, so there's a good chance we'll lose power at least momentarily. On a happier note, the radio-controlled clock that I got for my ten-year anniversary at Shriners has caught up and adjusted for Daylight Savings Time (it changed at a different time, then, and it is programmed and can't be changed). That's good. I moved it over by the peace lily so I can see it better. The plants were occluding it on the hour glass, and that wasn't good. Also, the yellow orchid will probably open in a day or two, at least for the first bloom. Yay!

No comments: