- I had issues going back to when it was The Bulletin of the Medical Library Association.
- They are actually (at least the JMLA and Bulletin) available freely online through PubMed Central.
- They were one of only two things I couldn't find a home for (the other being our hospital newsletters).
- I don't have the room to store them.
- I already have too much stuff that I'm trying to unclutter.
Then I took the hand truck and took four boxes of books that I weeded from my personal collection the other day and put them in the trunk of my car. YKWIA gets first pick, and this way he can just look through them and anything left can go to the public library, either for their collection or most likely their Friends' sales. I'm cool with that.
After that I checked the job boards and the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives' job list site for anything new.
All that in an hour.
Now I've revived a rather hard, previously frozen French baguette (microwaves will make them softer, if you do just a few seconds on a piece), eaten it, had some water, and I'm preparing for my day.
So last night I cleaned up the kitchen and bath of various stuff that was lying around, loaded the dishwasher, ran a load, etc.
What I want to do (I'm going to try to get as much done today as possible, as I'm fairly free today, and Tuesday and Thursday are particularly busy, but if I don't, I'll just keep plugging through the list this week).
- [In no particular order:]
Take out the trash and recyclables[which includes the discarded plants that were diseased or infested with mealybugs, when I made room for the others, so it's heavy].
- Wipe down the sink area of the bathroom and clean the toilet.
- Clean all the horizontal surfaces in the kitchen (island, counters, stove).
Unload the dishwasherand do the plastic dishes.
- Sweep and mop the kitchen and bathroom.
- Fold and put away laundry.
Collect dirty laundry to take to YKWIA's and wash. Start unpacking boxes from my desk, etc.
- Find a place for the boxes of holiday decorations that are still sitting out.
Take a bag of donations to out to the car so I can take them to Goodwill (and anything else I find to donate in the meantime). Excavate the dining room table and couch.
- Straighten the dining room and living room.
- Fill up the fish tank.
Hang up my interview suit and the dress I wore to the funeral in the closet (they've been hanging up elsewhere). Take the three boxes of books I weeded in the bedroom out to the car for YKWIA to look at/donate to the library.
- Get with John if he can come up today and get the family photos from him.
Call my human resources representative regarding continuing AFLAC. Reschedule my counseling appointment that's tomorrow, as it conflicts with the pulmonary rehabilitation.
Okay, I guess I'd better get going. First, the trash and recyclables, as there are a lot of them, and they're often heavy. I think I'm going to put on my Bluetooth headphones (yes, they look like they're from the 70s, but you can move well in them) and listen to music while I work. That usually helps.