Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Well that didn't take long at all

I specifically got two appointment two and a half hours apart from one another in case the first ran long. I got there early, filled out some additional preliminary paperwork. met the doctor and his assistant, answered a few questions, was examined, and left about a half an hour after my appointment time, with a new prescription that should help my asthma. I went over to the allergist, across the street, for my allergy shots, but I'd forgotten they closed for lunch from 12:30 to 1:30 pm. So, I'm back home (I live nearby) and am drinking a soda and eating some homemade bread with peanut butter and blueberry preserves. I'll head back over to the allergist about 2 pm, and that will give me time to get to my 2:30 appointment with my GP. It's just as well I came home for lunch, as I think if I'd gone on till whenever that appointment lets out, I'd have low blood sugar. So now I have about 40 minutes to kill. There will be a lot of waiting at my appointment, so I'm bringing the book I'm reviewing and looking over it some more.

It turned out to be a beautiful day, warm and sunny, but with a breeze. I am a little warm though, even with the air conditioning. Since I thought I'd be in the appointment longer, I parked over by my GP's office and walked over two buildings/lots, and while it was pleasant outside, and I got some exercise in, I got hot. But at least my breathing was fine; lately I've had issues going up the hill at the medical plaza. I think I'll park myself in front of the fan while I wait to go get those shots.

No comments: