Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, July 28, 2016

So I'm off today

for a friend's procedure, and I'm in the waiting room, where they have happily provided Wi-Fi. I'm not sure how long it will take, so I brought the computer. My friend is very testy--he hasn't had coffee in two days, and I parked too far away because I thought the procedure place was right next to the doctor's office, not in the next building, and of course, it's raining. So he's not happy. But they've taken him back and it's just a matter of waiting now.

I've got a lead on a job to apply for, so I'm going to work on that some. I have my résumé pretty much tweaked; now I just have to do a cover letter. The application is through CareerBuilder.com, so I'll have to check and see whether I have an account with them and whether I have any documents that need to be replaced. It's a consortium of colleges based in Richmond, KY, which is a little ways from Lexington, but at least I'm on the right side of town should I commute. Wish me luck.

'Matlock' is on the TV in here. Before that it was 'Perry Mason'. I think it's MeTV--that seems to be the staple of doctors' offices these days, that and HGTV.

Okay, time to go do something useful....

No comments: