Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, July 09, 2016

Taking a break

I'm making progress throughout the house, but my back is hurting from lots of bending, so I'm taking a break. I know it's best to focus on one area at a time, but I've found that collecting various things from around the house and putting them together is working well, like those reusable bags so many stores have--that sort of thing. I am mostly concentrating on the living and dining areas; the kitchen is okay, except for some dishes that need to be done, the bathroom just really needs a once over, and the bedroom--well at the moment all the clean laundry that had been sitting on the table in the dining area and some of which had escaped throughout the room, is now on my bed, to be folded and put away before I can go to bed. I've also gone through a plastic tote of mostly junk and thrown or recycled a lot of it. I even found the Tamiflu that the gas station company I worked for sent all its employees back during the swine flu epidemic a few years ago and threw it away, as it's now quite expired. I never understood why they did it, and during a Tamiflu shortage, too. I have three more of them to go through, but they're mostly important papers. I did find some important things in amongst the junk, so I can't just summarily get rid of stuff. But I think at least one of the totes is mostly papers left over from my accident over three years ago, so that can go away.

I can't seem to find my normal radio station on the speaker tower in the living room, so I've been playing some pop music on 96.9 FM such as Taylor Swift, Kelly Clarkson, Ed Sheeran, Lady Gaga, that sort of thing. Right now Tom Petty's 'Free Falling' is on. I usually listen to 106.3 FM, which has more modern rock, I guess, but is owned by the same company. But this is fine to clean to. Okay, back to it!

No comments: