Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 20, 2015

Listening to:

Depeche Mode, Sounds of the Universe

I did rest for awhile but didn't actually sleep. Now I'm making the first loaf of bread, I've consolidated the plants and watered them, and I've straightened up several areas of the house. The problem with the plants were that in the bedroom I couldn't easily open the window, because there were two rows of plants, some large, in the way. Now I have plants and my clock on the top of my computer hutch, many more are on the blocks and boards in front of the living room window (but just one row, so you can reach the windows to open them), and just one row of small violets in the bedroom. I did find the source of the fruit flies--apparently I had some cherries in reusable bag that never made it back into the refrigerator and decayed. When I picked up the bag to throw them away, I got cherry juice on the carpet, which I've done a decent job of blotting away, but it looked a bit like someone opened a vein in here.

Tomorrow I have several errands to do for my friends. Wednesday is class, so Thursday might be the next time I have to work on things here. So I'll still have things to do. The two things I'd like to do tonight are gather up the plastic bags to take out with me tomorrow, and also I need to fill the fish tanks, really. If I can't get that done tonight (as it is getting late, and it's kind of labour intensive), then tomorrow for sure. They're both at about half, which isn't good. Tomorrow morning I can take the trash and recyclables out if I can get up early enough. So Thursday there's:
  1. Cleaning out the refrigerator.
  2. Going through the clothes and putting the ones I keep away.
  3. Doing bills and finance things.
  4. Putting back the things that go in the walk-in closet.
  5. Working on the bedroom some more.
  6. Work on the floors.
  7. Doing dishes.
Okay, if I'm going to get anything done before bed, I'd better get going, then go on to sleep until the bread is finished, as I have to get up very early tomorrow. Good night.

No comments: