Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Today's class

is about self-care. I was trying to do that today. But I got called for a ride, which meant I went over to my friends' house, and I wound up hurting someone's feelings because I wouldn't stay and keep him company. Now I feel like I'm a bad person. He is more important than the fire inspection or anything else. But I have to do things to make my life better, too. It's very confusing sometimes. And I didn't use the I-statements like we learned in the communications class, or express concern for him in some sort of reflective response. I just told him what I had to do and left it at that. I can sometimes be a bad friend. Now I feel terrible, but I can't repair anything right now, so I might as well clean the house. :(

No comments: