Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, July 20, 2015

I tried to publish this post from my phone

Alas, it did not work. The Blogger application is still saying 'publishing' about 40 minutes later. So here goes.

There really is no room in my bedroom for any sort of game system, and I have an old Atari computer and a not-quite-first-generation-but-still-original Nintendo system from ages back. I had tried balancing these on a chest-of-drawers with an old 1990s TV and a Norfolk Virginia pine, but it didn't work too well. So....I looked and I could hook them up to my 'modern' TV in the living room. So now the bedroom TV just has an RF modulator and Roku box (which is very small) to deal with, so I can watch Netflix or listen to Pandora. The living room has a small Smart TV, so I can do that in there, or now, play Tetris or Gauntlet or Dig Dug to my heart's content. If the Nintendo is hooked up, the digital antenna works as well, as there is a port for it. If the Atari is hooked up, it's just that. I'm going to see if I can use a splitter, but it may need a switch to hook both up and alternate them. (I don't have cable television; I don't really watch it enough to justify the expense.) But really, who needs cable, as I have all the entertainment I need here.

No comments: