Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, January 29, 2015

I am being more cognizant

Of the fact that chronic use of over-the-counter pain relievers can be hard on your body,  so even though I am in enough pain that it woke me up,  I am trying not to use any. Ibuprofen and other NSAIDS are bad for the kidneys if taken often over time; acetaminophen is damaging to the liver if taken often over time. Since I'm on a medicine to prevent any further damage to my kidneys,  I figured ibuprofen is generally out for me.  But I have fatty liver disease/NASH/cirrhosis of the liver secondary to diabetes in my family as well.  So I need to be careful.

I did at least get up,  took that medicine and my long-acting insulin,  got a bit of water,  and put an overnight repairing lotion on my legs,  which are dry and itchy to the point of distraction. I refilled my distilled water in the CPAP humidifier. So I'm good for the night. But my feet and neck and back are hurting,  and I'm aching in general,  probably due to the weather.

Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment with an ENT because of chronic sinus infections,  something I've had most of my life.  We'll see if there's anything they can do, short of surgery.

Class yesterday was good.  It runs late, till 9 pm, though,  so I always feel a little hung over the next day.  Afterwards I went to the newly renovated Euclid Kroger,  which was very nice.  I didn't park on the roof,  though.

Today was our library committee meeting,  which went well and was very productive.

Tomorrow is the doctor and 'Grimm' and a trip to the pharmacy and post office, not in that order.

Okay,  I'm going to bed.  Good night.

No comments: