Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, August 20, 2012

Tired, with a headache

It was a very busy weekend. Saturday I did yard work and watched many episodes of 'The Nanny' while visiting friends. Yesterday I was up and going from 6:30 am till sometime after 1 am. I got home about 12:30. I cleaned house as per normal. We did a huge grocery run (I thought the bagger was going to have to add a third cart to the mix just to get it out of the store, but he did alright). We played the game till about midnight, and then I talked on the phone with the game master for a short time. I think I was asleep within five minutes after hitting the pillow. I got a little over five hours' sleep, which is shorter than some of my 'naps'.

So, the plan tonight is to set the DVR for Grimm and head on to bed. If I wake up later, fine. If not, and I sleep the whole night, that's fine, too. I'll turn up the phone in case anyone calls. But I have got to get some rest. Also, I took two naproxen tablets but the headache isn't abating. Perhaps sleeping will help. I've watered the pepper outside and the inside plants, eaten just a little (trust me, I ate enough yesterday, even though it was healthy stuff like veggies, strawberries, and cheese; it's been years since there was chocolate).

Despite feeling somewhat wrung out all today, I got a fair amount of stuff accomplished, especially on the data entry front. Then I caught the bus and stopped by the library to return a book. Now I've eaten, and I'm gravitating towards sleep. I wish there were more three-day weekends out there so we could recover from Saturday and Sunday better. At least one's coming up. Also, Tuesday I'll be in the ophthalmologist's office for much of the morning, and then Wednesday I'm taking off to celebrate a friend's birthday. Which reminds me, I'd better think of a good present.....

Good night unless I wake up sometime this evening. Take care.

No comments: