Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 24, 2012

Considering how sleep-deprived I've been today

I've been remarkably productive and with it. You see, unlike my normal long 'naps', last night I got at most about five hours of sleep. I worked yesterday, got off at 5, took the bus to the Liquor Barn for some sherry for a friend, went to Incredipet and got an aquarium bulb for me, and then made a rather extensive (for me) Kroger run, about half of which was for me and half was for someone else. I put part of it in a rolling carry-on bag. I was fortunate to get the bus right after I got to the stop--it's iffy in the evenings because they run every 70 minutes. That was about 7:15. I got to my friend's house about 8:30 (have I mentioned that by car it's a 15-minute drive at most?) The buses were full to the hilt--the one I took to the house had five people standing most of the way. I was rewarded for my efforts by a wonderful dinner of matzoh ball soup, a salad, and a pasta dish that was very, very good but filling, so I took part of it with me and had it for lunch today.

I left the house about 10:30, on the last bus out that you could transfer to another route. At the bus stop there was this giant spider web and an orb spider that was (literally) two to two and a half inches, counting the legs. I love spiders, have no trouble with them, but it freaked me out a bit. The wind blew the web loose and it was spinning right behind me. I like bugs, but I don't care for them jumping on me, and that was a concern. There was a bat flying around as well. It definitely seemed to be the time for the spookier of nature's creatures.

I got the last bus of the night and it was extremely crowded too. Mind you, I'm sitting in a seat with a rolling bag, and now two Kroger bags (it was several more), including a two-foot long light bulb. Fortunately the purse hung easily on the handle of the rolling bag, as did the Kroger bags, so everything compacted as well as I could. Thank the Gods I didn't try to go out with my granny cart. It is so much bigger.

But once I got home, I couldn't relax enough to go to sleep. I wanted to blog, but was too tired. All I managed to do was rub some spearmint-eucalyptus lotion on my sore feet, elevate them on a pillow on the bed, with the fan right on it. I managed to get to a point where my back was relatively happy. But I still couldn't fall asleep. I think I finally fell to sleep about 2 am.

So this morning it was a little hard to roll out of bed, but I managed, and even got to work at my usual early time. I worked the referrals, did my library work, and put in my data entry sheets.

Now I'm home, I've eaten (well partway; I had some chili and am making some corn on the cob, but I haven't eaten it yet). I don't feel particularly sleepy. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my evening, and I don't have firm plans for tomorrow either. I'm hoping to fill things up with a couple of errands, some chores, the farmer's market, the library, DVDs, and reading. We'll see what I manage to do. :)

Okay, I'm going to go check and see if the corn is done. Sorry I didn't write yesterday; I was just too wiped to even try. I even thought about doing it in bed on the tablet, but even that was too much effort. Fortunately today I feel much better.

No comments: