Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Nature is God's gift. Why do some people not understand that?

So they filled in the pond I loved so much in front of the old Lexington Mall. No more ducks and geese to see out my window on my bus ride in the morning. That always helped make my day a little brighter. I'm not particularly happy with the megachurch (Southland Christian Church)that graveled it in. It doesn't seem right to gravel in nature in the name of God. :( While it's good that the old mall isn't just falling down anymore, I don't think God's work is magnified by big box church satellites that look, well, like malls. Want architecture to the glory of God? Look a Chartres, or Notre Dame. They did it right, and probably didn't sully creation to do it.

Oh, and they tore down Perkins, may it RIP. It's just a parking lot now. I spent many a late night there eating breakfast with friends. It was one of the few places open so late for years.

But the gravel in the pond with the big fence and black plastic around it? No, that's just an abomination. And anyone who argues that the reservoir is still across the street for the wildlife just doesn't get it.

No comments: