Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Today I:

  1. Took a gym bag full of plastic grocery bags to friends who have pets who poop, necessitating plastic bags for cleanup, discovering recylables to be taken out under the sink in the process.
  2. Cleaned my friends' house from top to bottom, including window casings and upholstery.
  3. Lopped off branches, mostly dead, from the shrubbery on the fencerow.
  4. Helped with a project.
  5. Took the bus back, which took almost two hours instead of the normal 1 1/2 to get home. There was a horrible pileup at Man O'War and Blazer Parkway involving at least five cars and possibly a motorcycle. One car was badly mangled; another had its wheel off the axle. I do hope no one was hurt. There were many fire engines and police, although no one was directing traffic on our side, and when we went to detour it took awhile to get onto Man O'War (we were supposed to continue straight to Blazer Parkway, but that was not going to happen with two fire trucks and a bunch of cars in the way. Once I got off the bus, I walked home, and it feels great to be here.
  6. Called my friend to let him know I'm home. I rather enjoyed all the work today, even the lopping, although I think I'll take a shower to get the specks and bits of wood and who knows what else off me.
  7. Turned the air conditioning back on.
  8. Ate tomatoes, tortillas and cheese, two bananas, and one half of a baby watermelon with juicy yellow flesh which is really yummy. I'm going to save the seeds for Brenda.

What I didn't do was play the game, as Brenda is recovering from Pennsic (the great annual 'war' in the Society for Creative Anachronism). It will be good to be back in the swing of things next week, but it was kind of nice to take a break. I do have to have the game notes finished by next Sunday, however.

Now for a shower (or maybe a bath), some 'me' time, some reading, and then finally bed. I'll take those recyclables out tomorrow morning. I'm just too pooped to do much in the way of work this evening. I have, in my friend's words, plotzed, in the sense of collapsing from exhaustion, rather than from emotion, or alternatively, pooping (as in, 'I laughed so hard I nearly plotzed'.) I love Yiddish--so many meanings.

Okay, on to the bathing part. I may write some more, but if not, have a good night. I have had a very busy and productive weekend, but it went really well. I hope yours did, too.

No comments: