Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 17, 2012

Ever since I started taking the mega dose of Vitamin D

(50,000 IUs), I've felt a lot more energetic. I supposed to take it for a week, then one capsule per week for eight weeks, and then revert to my 1,000 IUs a day norm. That said, I do think I will take a small nap tonight, as it's been a long week. I then need to get up, take out the recyclables I cleaned out from under the kitchen sink the other day, and do the game notes.

Tomorrow I'm sawing down a small tree. In general I hate harming trees, but this is a maple growing at 45 degree angle and will neither flourish nor grow in any way that would be helpful, and it's out in the middle of my friends' yard. It's about three or four inches at the base, so best to get it now.

The good news is that I was going to be delayed by running an errand at a store that didn't open till later, but I called ahead and they didn't have what I needed. So I can just skip that. I am to bring a few items from the grocery, but I can stop by Kroger on Euclid and cut some time out of my trip (Richmond Road's bus runs every 70 minutes on Saturdays, whereas the Tates Creek one, which runs past that Kroger, runs every 35.) Since I'm going to Kroger, I won't go to the farmer's market this time, as I wouldn't be able to explain that the watermelon I plan to buy is from there and not the store. Things are much easier when you have a car, I think.

Speaking of the car, I'm dreaming of that RAV4 they're giving away in that drawing I'm entered in. I know it probably has no bearing on things, but I keep finding lucky pennies when I'm out and about. Maybe some of that luck will rub off and I'll win the car. Granted, I'll have to come up with the money for insurance, taxes, and delivery, but there are a couple routes I might be able to go on that if I were to win. In the meantime, it doesn't hurt to dream. I have four friends now who are without a car. It would be really nice to be able to help them out. So if I won, a total of five people would win. :)

Okay, it's time for that nap....

No comments: