Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Time for phase II of the day

I had a nice nap, of course a little longer than I planned. I ate a few tomatoes and got something to drink. What's next?

Hmmm...I think it's time to water the plants. The lavender looks a bit droopy. The pepper outside looks good but could stand to have some, too. Drat, that means I have to change into real clothes and out of my nightshirt. Nevermind that it shows less than my shorts. :) I think I'll open the windows, too. It's just 76 degrees.

Then there's the things to tackle in the bedroom, putting away laundry (yes, I've been living out of a hamper for a week, and that's got to stop. Besides, I have clothes to put in the hamper.) I'll do that after I water the plants.

After that, I'm going to try for full relaxation. Watch a movie. Or read. Definitely read for awhile, anyway. I downloaded a book called The Rook because the Unshelved folks had it in their 'book talk' comic strip yesterday.

[Oh, and on the subject of that day's stirp, Myfanwy does NOT rhyme with Tiffany. The 'f' is a 'v', the second syllable is stressed, and it ends in a 'wi' sound. Don't know where they got that from. Someone should have gone to http://www.pronouncenames.com. It seems to be accurate, at least for the few Welsh names (Myfanwy being one) I put through it (including my own, Eilir, with is 'A Leer' not 'I Leer', something I didn't know for years after changing my name, until I got with a bunch of guys online whose parents gave them that name and who were actually Welsh. I was quite embarrassed. That's what I get from trying to learn Welsh out of a book. Yes, Eilir also a boy's name, even though the name means 'butterfly' and is pretty. Many Welsh boy names are pretty. Many Welsh girl names are not, Myfanwy and Bronwyn being notable exceptions.) :)]

No comments: