Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Well, that didn't take too long

I went on my foray out into this beautiful autumn day, where the sky is a cloudless blue, the wind is a bit brisk, and the trees are losing brightly coloured leaves. I went over to the library and took two books and an Ella Fitzgerald CD back, picking up a hold (a book on terrariums, of all things, to nurture my craftsy nature, such as it is) and a diabetes book from the American Diabetes Association. I got out of there in time to take the bus to Kroger, but decided I didn't want to go over there just to get bread and then wait for the better part of an hour for a return trip, nor did I want to navigate two major roads without a sidewalk through most of it by walking home, especially in my glasses rather than my contacts (the bifocal works a bit differently, and I don't wear my glasses often, so I'm not as used to them).

Instead I walked a half-block down to the Circle K, stopping along the way to admire the vegetables at the Bluegrass Farmer's Market and a couple of used cars. I particularly liked the 2011 Hyundai Elantra GLS I saw. Plus there was a Honday Accord hybrid. Of course the latter was red, and my last three cars were red. I want a change. On the other hand, I'm pressed to get bread these days--I have exactly 1 cent in savings, so it was basically window shopping.

Anyway, it was a nice walk. I'm home now and thinking of doing some reading before working on the notes. The latter should be interesting as it involves a TARDIS, Neanderthals, a PT boat full of dead men, and a prison beyond the mirror lands. :)

No comments: