Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Hi

I know I've been sporadic at best the last few days. First there was being away on the visit to my family. Then Friday night I posted just a bit. Saturday was spent with friends (we watched Beastly), then there was the 'Doctor Who' finale, which rocked, and the premier of 'Bedlam', which looks interesting.

Sunday was preparing for the game, doing the big grocery run, and then the game. We time travelled back into the age of the Neanderthals to try to save the world and our entire timeline. Still working on it. I was so tired when I got home I crashed for 12 hours.

Monday I had to go by the store and deliver some groceries to a friend. This morning I was late to work because a bus driver pulled away even though I was ten feet in front of him and had my bus pass out.

Tonight I went over to try to fix a computer that is being very wonky, but was fed the most wonderful dinner I've had in awhile, a Breton dish with fresh tuna steaks and onions, mashed potatoes, a salad, and French cream of potato soup. My tummy is very happy.

On the way home, as I was waiting for the bus, a fairly large meteor, an early showing from the Draconid shower that peaks in a few days, streaked across the sky. I was delighted--I haven't seen a meteor in years, and it reminded me of the times when I was a kid and we'd lie on a car hood in the California desert to watch meteor showers, away from light pollution and smog, and there was just this dark velvet sky, millions of stars, and the Milky Way, along with hundreds of streaks of light. It was breathtaking. :)

Tomorrow the plan is to come home from work, barring any emergency computer issues. There's a programme I'd like to catch that's premiering at 10 on FX called 'American Horror Story'. My, I'm watching a lot of TV lately, for me.

I'm afraid that's all I've got for tonight. I'm just so pooped. I will try to write something blogworthy tomorrow.

Good night.

No comments: