Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

If you've been having trouble with this page loading

and being inexplicably whisked away to an Alt Librarian web ring page, I've removed the web ring-related code from the template for now (I've got a backup), so it should make everything okay. If it doesn't, and you still have trouble, let me know (there may be some errant code hiding somewhere; this template has evolved over many years).

Speaking of many years, on the 18th, I will be celebrating my 10th anniversary of blogging. Ten years. Yep. Oh wait...that's in, like, eleven minutes!

Here is the very first post I put up:
Thursday, October 18, 2001
AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH!
Grrrrr....Ah, technology! I just spent the last 20 minutes composing my first entry and it went [poof] somewhere into the aether. I'm too frustrated to try again just yet. I'll try again later. But all in all, it's pretty typical of how my days go, so maybe it's not such a bad introduction after all.

What a wonderful kick off. :) Number of posts in 2001, total: 4. Greatest number of posts in a given year: 1,1077 in 2010. Total posts: 7,484 (of which 7,455 made it to publication). That's a lot of writing, and a lot of time. I hope you've enjoyed it. :) I try to mix it up between my life, serious things, weird stuff, and funny things, plus some science and humanities along the way. It seems to work.

Okay...here we go. It's now officially midnight. Happy anniversary, Rabid Librarian!

No comments: