Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Monday, October 31, 2011

Happy Halloween

After much debating and little execution, I dressed for Halloween at work as Death, on of the Endless from Neil Gaiman's Sandman comics. I had a black top and pants on, a black wig, and the requisite Death makeup. We had trick-or-treating with the kids this morning, as they made their way around the various offices. Each office had previously picked up donated candy. It was great fun.

I felt a little bad because I didn't have candy for tonight's trick-or-treating, but I wasn't sure if anyone would come, either. So when I got home, I took a nap, keeping the house dark. I never heard a peep from anyone. I guess that's what you get with apartment living.

So now I'm up and considering how best to celebrate the holiday, which is a religious one for me (Samhain). For libations, I don't have any wine to offer the dead, but I have oil and honey, which both count as possibilities. No pomegranate this year, but I do have garlic. Ah, the problems of being poor and pagan.

For now, though, I think I'll check out the news and see if anything of interest is going on for this last day of October.

No comments: