Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, August 12, 2011

If I didn't have two sets of game notes to do tonight

I would have seriously considered going to the B-52s concert at the Singletary Center for the Arts at the University of Kentucky tonight. I've had 'Love Shack' in my head all day. :)

As it was, I got a ride home and my very nice co-worker even took me by Kroger so I could pick up my Lantus (long-acting insulin). Plus I still had money in my flexible spending account so I didn't have to fork over $50 from my bank account.

Speaking of banking, I looked at the points I get for using my bank card and (woo-hoo) I had enough for a $25 gift card to Amazon.com. It shipped today, so I'm hoping I'll get it by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. I haven't decided if I'll spend it on lots of little Kindle books or put it towards something else I might need. I mean really, Amazon sells just about anything, from books to clothes to electronics to home supplies. My headphones, for example, have a nick in them, but I haven't noticed it being a problem yet. And there are a couple of books I would like, both for the Kindle and in print. There's a bread machine in my wish list, and that would take care of half the cost. We'll see. It's not a huge amount of money, but it was basically a free perk of using my card for things I would have paid for anyway. :)

No comments: