Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 25, 2011

It's a first step (not quite literally)

Okay, I get that my foot hurts when I walk, so walking is out as an exercise for awhile. But I'm walking at a crawl, and if you stop moving, you stop living in many ways. So.....

Enter my grandmother's exercise bike.

I came into the house from work and within two minutes was on the bike. I stayed on for 10 minutes (hey, you've got to start small), between 10-15 mph at intermediate gear, for a total of 2.2 miles.

It's a start. :) The goal is to eventually work myself up in terms of gear and speed, and doing at least 30 minutes a day, maybe twice a day if things work out really well.

1 comment:

Ahkenaten Kor said...

I also have a problem with my feet and I like to exercise as much as possible. The bike was also my solution for a while, just until my feet felt better. Now it just sits in my basement collecting dust. Hopefully, that doesn't happen with you. :)