Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 04, 2011

But first--my thoughts exactly

This also might explain why cricket never caught on here.


YKWIA calls American football 'pointyball'. I think that about covers it. I used to watch English premier football occasionally, and did get into it, although I didn't play favourites in terms of teams, really. And as to American football, I have never really wrapped my head over what downs are. I guess it's because while in school I did play soccer (I had a talent for being hit in the head by balls, and they told me to stand in front of the goalkeeper (note, protecting them, not the goal) and make sure my hand didn't intercept the ball) but being a girl, football was out (at least at that point in time).

I love John Cleese, and this was so right on. YWKIA, be sure to show this to you-know-who.

No comments: