Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Came across this on Facebook

Okay, the MJ bit is a little creepy. I'm not a fan of his. But I do generally agree with the ideas in this video.



I've had a mentor trying to instill the need to think for myself and stop being a sheep for 20 years. Sometimes it seems harder to than others. We're taught so early to conform, to judge others, to divide ourselves into 'us' and 'them'. But he's absolutely right. And the key to changing how you think, or more importantly, thinking in itself, is to do it. It's like exercise. You can plan to do it. You can think about doing it. But unless you start doing it, it doesn't do you a bit of good. Maybe I'll finally get the hang of it sometime before I die. :)

Thanks to Jody for the link to the Facebook page We Only Have One Race ~ the Human Race, which featured the video.

1 comment:

Ahkenaten Kor said...

Good video Eilir, and you're right: Sometimes it's difficult to see what's real when you follow what other people say and think. Once you start thinking for yourself, you really begin to see just how fake and fickle things are.

I don't doubt that someday, we'll all be dumbed down to a bunch of idiotic automatons like in the movie "Idiocracy". For for now, while we can still do it, it's best to use our minds and think for ourselves. Makes me happier when I know that everything in my head is mine, not some commercial or political slogan.