Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I have to keep reminding myself every few minutes that it is NOT Friday

That I do not have tomorrow off and that I can't just stay home and not go places. It feels like a Friday, so much that I had to check my pants, which were not jeans, to remind myself.

I had a bit of success today. I managed to get my doctor to change one of my medicines to deal with the high A1c. The receptionist ran interference, so I went around her by asking for the nurse who does the diabetic teaching, whom I knew would understand what a 10.1 A1c meant, and had her go to the doctor. He wants to change my medicine one at a time until my blood sugar comes down. So I'm upping the Lantus to 50 units and going back in a month rather than three.

It has been a very busy week, as you can probably tell from my lack of posting. I have come home the last three nights and been in bed by 9 pm and up at around 8 am. I haven't had any energy. But I'm hoping to stay up tonight (of course, I said that last night, too, and look where it got me.) :)

Okay, I think I'll get comfy (meaning clothes--I don't want to get too comfy or I'll go to sleep). I'm not eating dinner now (I had a peanut butter and spreadable fruit sandwich earlier, and a tomato just now as a snack), so I'm hoping my blood sugar will stay okay and I won't just get tired and crash. I really think it's been a blood sugar issue. And yes, I've been avoiding sweets, although I coveted a friend's apparently delicious chess pies greatly. :)

No comments: