Unshelved by Bill Barnes and Gene Ambaum
comic strip overdue media

Friday, September 03, 2010

So cute!

Check out the lion cam at the National Zoo

They had four cubs born a few days ago and while they're inside with their mum over the next few weeks, there's a camera so you can watch them. Right now, for example, the cubs are nursing, not surprisingly.

I found out about the webcam from Baby Lion Cub Live Webcam Launched from Wired magazine.

I haven't figured out how to view it in Firefox (the plugin for Windows Media Player doesn't seem to exist for WMP 12, which I'm running on a Windows 7 x64 version sytem, so that's an issue), but I could view it in IE8. Let me know if you have Firefox on a Windows 7 machine and know where there's a plugin I could download. Thanks!

PS There are a lot of webcams at the National Zoo, so if you're interested in watching other animals there, be sure to follow this link: http://nationalzoo.si.edu/animals/webcams/.

No comments: